Search Jobs: Results: Project Engineer
A specialty chemical company, located in Northern Florida, is seeking a Project Engineer to join its team.
- Develop and apply project management skills including: PFD and P&ID development, cost estimation, scope development, equipment specification and procurement, procurement of funding, coordination of contractors, cost tracking and control, and coordination of startup.
- Responsible for front end loading activities including project definition, capital proposal submission, execution planning and scheduling for design through project execution.
- Responsible for overall project definition and execution including mechanical equipment design and specification, installation through mechanical completion, commissioning, start –up and qualification if required.
- Oversee the procurement process to include the RFQ, bid review, vendor selection, and the purchase agreement terms and condition negotiations.
- Responsible for delivery of project scope in a timely manner and within the project budget and documented schedule duration.
- Responsible for timely completion of project action items as identified in safety, design, and project reviews and audits.
- Apply and maintain familiarity with all applicable company safety procedures and maintain compliance in daily work.
- As part of the support of production, participate in Process Hazard Analysis and Process Review Committee evaluations on equipment and chemical processes. In addition, review proposed changes to equipment and procedures.
- Supervise and manage outside contractors as necessary to complete project work.
- Lead project and manage functional team members that include operations personnel as the customer for completion of projects.
- Complete action items as assigned from safety audits, observations, or other investigations.
- Develop innovative solutions to reduce the time required to perform common engineering tasks utilizing computer programs, and vendors.
- Serve as the engineering resource for designated equipment systems in the plant.
- Must have a BS in Chemical Engineering.
- Must have at least 5 years of related experience in a Chemical Manufacturing environment.
- Must haev a minimum of 3 years of proven Project Engineering/Management experience, in scope of $500k to $1 Million range.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills needed for problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Strong attention to detail balanced with ability to see the big picture for overall strategy implementation.
- Familiar with reading and understanding P&ID’s, PFD’s, and loop sheets.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to define capital projects including the project scope, expected results, determination of the costs, and completion of all proper paperwork.
- Ability to manage a capital project including the schedule, the interaction between manufacturing and planning, the costs, and all necessary updates as required.
- Experience with instrument controls, including DCS systems.
- Experience with operation and sizing of process relief valves and devices.
- Experience with batch processing unit operations.
- Other preferred skills include clear, concise verbal and written communication across all levels of the organization
- Willing to work outside normal working hours as required by specific project needs.
|Name:||Joel DeNardo||Date Posted:||05/15/2013|
|Category:||Biotechnology, Capital Equipment, Chemicals, Engineering, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Pharmaceutical, Plastics/Polymers, Production/Operations, Refineries|
|Keywords:||project ; engineer; capital; design, P&ID; equipment; chemical||Region:|
Submit Your Resume
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust